Kokanee is a favorite in my house and this is one of the best ways to prepare it. Enjoy!
6 Kokanee – (2-3lb’s)
1 C Flour
3 C Panko
¼ C Harrod’s Cookhouse Lemon & Dill Seasoning
Harrods Fin & Field Sacue, (make recipe).
- Skin Kokanee and cut each in half, (3-4” pc’s). (If you don’t know how, watch Harrod Outdoors Youtube on “How to skin Kokanee”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikMhdmA68UE)
- Place Flour in bowl and add ½ of your Lemon & Dill Seasoning
- Place Panko in bowl and add remaining Lemon & Dill Seasoning
- Crack eggs and whip until thoroughly mixed
- Coat fish pc’s in flour, shake off excess
- Coat in beaten egg , roll it around well (allow excess to drain off)
- Dredge in Panko making sure everything is coated well
- Place on tray to let sit for a few minutes
- Deep fry at 350 in peanut oil until golden brown, (2.5 – 4 minutes depending on your heat) pull out and put onto paper towels.
- Pull off and serve.
Tartar sauce is the old favorite that everyone uses and is very good with it but….my favorite is to drizzle over the top with Harrods Fin & Field Sauce recipe. https://harrodoutdoors.com/shop/ols/products/fin-and-field-sauce
Written by Bob Loomis
Kokanee “Krack” will hook anyone that tries it!